!! BREAKING NEWS !! (Gaza)

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum !! BREAKING NEWS !! (Gaza)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 676 through 684 (of 684 total)
  • Author
    Allan Howard

Just came across this skwawkbox article (which appears to have just been posted as there’s no comments yet):

«YouTube censors EI programme examining UK role in Israel’s genocide in Gaza

Content platform places ‘freeze’ on Electronic Intifada’s channel

The YouTube content streaming platform has placed a sudden ban on the Electronic Intifada channel, just as it was preparing to stream a Gaza update looking at the role of Britain in Israel’s genocide in Gaza. EI’s Asa Winstanley explained in an email to followers:

YouTube has just placed a punitive freeze on The Electronic Intifada’s channel, alleging that several previous livestream segments violated their opaque “community guidelines.”….»

https://skwawkbox.org/2024/09/11/youtube-censors-ei-programme-examining-uk-role-in-israels-genocide-in-gaza/

#100497 Reply
      AG

On the one hand it´s disastrous.
        On the other, expected.

I was always amazed how that worked: EI conversations (which are among the best stuff on this issue) & YT?
        Not match-made in heaven for sure.

Who owns YT anyway?
        And what would happen if they decided to push honest programming on Gaza?

Which brings us to the ICJ.

If we all agree that there is mass murder taking place.
        But we can´t enforce that verdict.
        How is this thing supposed to work?

According to state philosophy that´s the role of the Executive.
        But in international law where the likelihood for huge crimes is biggest we have no executive.

That´s like a Catch-22.
        It makes zero sense.

They get shot so, lets talk about it in the lobby and fetch a latte afterwards?
        wtf.

#100499 Reply
        AG

next one: Larry Johnson banned on YT allegedly (haven´t checked it yet.)
          It´s like “Christmas with the censors!”
          Cool times!

#100515 Reply
          Allan Howard

Here’s the JVL introduction to an article they reposted yesterday:

Return to Zanuta

Attention has rightly been focussed on Israeli army invasion and destruction of refugee camps in the northern West Bank. However, we must not lose sight of the continued struggle in the South Hebron Hills against some of the most violent settlers.

The residents of village of Zanuta won a rare legal victory and gained permission to return to their homes. Hamdan Ballal Al-Huraini documents their legal campaign and recounts accompanying the villagers. He found that although they were delighted to return they found their homes and property had been vandalised by settlers and the harassment continued.

And here are a couple of passages from it:

“When I arrived in Zanuta, I knelt and kissed the dirt,” Muhammad Al-Samamra, a 45-year-old resident, told +972. “I feel like a child who had lost his way from his mother and only found her after a long period of time. I’ve returned to life again after 10 months — and I will not leave. I will sleep on the soil of my village and lean on its rocks, and I will never abandon it again.”

For 57-year-old Faris Samasara, this was a long-awaited moment. “For now, only the men and boys have returned, and we will see in the coming days how we will bring the women and children safely,” he said. “But today, I will sleep here and watch the sky over my home and count the stars. In the morning, after so long, I will finally see the sun rising in my village. It is an indescribable feeling.”

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/return-to-zanuta/

#100520 Reply
            Allan Howard

Here are a couple more articles reposted by JVL, both yesterday, one by the Guardian (published on Sept 10), and one by +972 Magazine editor Ben Reiff (published on Sept 11):

‘I’ve never seen the depth of moral corruption’: controversial Netanyahu doc screens at Toronto

Despite a legal attempt to stop it, documentary The Bibi Files, which shows leaked interrogation footage of the Israeli prime minister, made its debut at the festival.

by Radheyan Simonpillai, The Guardian

Audiences got a look at Benjamin Netanyahu’s leaked police interrogation videos for the first time at last night’s world premiere of The Bibi Files. The urgent and incendiary documentary played at the Toronto film festival despite the Israeli prime minister’s attempts to block its screening.

Israeli courts rejected Netanyahu’s request before the film – in which he is seen furiously denying allegations of bribery and corruption…

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/the-bibi-files/

Why did a British Jewish newspaper publish fake Israeli intelligence?

Israel’s army suspects fabrications published in the Jewish Chronicle were part of a pro-Bibi influence campaign, while the article’s author is not as he claims.

by Ben Reiff, +972 Magazine

On Sept. 4, Benjamin Netanyahu called a press conference for foreign media in order to explain his stubborn insistence on keeping Israeli forces in Gaza’s Philadelphi Corridor, even at the expense of a hostage deal. To his well-worn claim that the Gaza-Egypt border has historically been “porous” to the smuggling of weapons, the prime minister attached a new argument: if the Israeli army is not in control of the area, Hamas could “easily smuggle hostages out … to the Sinai desert,” and from there to “Iran or … Yemen.” After that, he added, “they’re gone forever.”

The following day, the Jewish Chronicle, Britain’s oldest Jewish newspaper, published an exclusive report that brought Netanyahu’s hypothetical argument to life. It purported to reveal evidence from Israeli “intelligence sources” proving not only that Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar intended to smuggle out the remaining hostages via the Philadelphi Corridor to Iran, but that Hamas’ surviving leaders in Gaza, including Sinwar himself, would be going with them…

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/fake-stories-help-netanyahu-keep-gaza-war-raging/

#100522 Reply
              AG

Mouin Rabbani with Jon Elmer on reporting about Oct. 7th:
                90 min.
                https://x.com/jadaliyya/status/1834303958384607486

#100538 Reply
                AG

From DropSite (Scahill)

“Until our last breath”: Journalist Anas al-Sharif on Documenting Israel’s Genocide in Gaza Every Day for 11 Straight Months

The Al Jazeera correspondent has refused to leave northern Gaza, even as Israel has threatened him and killed his colleagues.”

https://www.dropsitenews.com/p/anas-al-sharif-journalist-northern-gaza

#100585 Reply
                  Jack

Apparently Israel got their hands of the personal beepers of Hezbollah and made them explode. Dozens injured (killed?) throughout Lebanon today, apparently also the iranian ambassador to Lebanon. There seems to be no end in their machinations to kill and maim whoever stand in their way:

Dozens of Hezbollah members wounded after pagers explode in Lebanon

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/503796/Dozens-of-Hezbollah-members-wounded-after-pagers-explode-in-Lebanon

..and when Hezbollah now will return fire, the israelis will throwing their hands out and playing the victim.

Overall it seems Hezbollah has been infiltrated. This is no “hack” Israel got their hands on these beepers on way or another.

#100592 Reply
                    ET

“The management of Beirut American Hospital collected pager devices from its employees 10 days ago, claiming that they needed to be repaired,” the Islamic Republic’s state TV said.

That’s a quote from a Telegraph article stating an Iranian state TV source. If true, it’s definitely convenient timing. Did they know something was about to happen? How did they contact doctors and nurses or put out crash calls without bleep systems?
                      What alternative did they use? Phones are no good as they are less reliable and require you to answer them which can be inconvenient when your busy, say, scrubbed up in theatre.

Viewing 9 posts - 676 through 684 (of 684 total)
                    Reply To: !! BREAKING NEWS !! (Gaza)
                    Your information: