Ukraine (Date: Nov. 2023)

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Ukraine (Date: Nov. 2023)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 801 through 805 (of 805 total)
  • Author
    Jack

New Nato leader, Mark Rutte, have no shame at all:

Ukraine:
      Mark Rutte, the new NATO chief backs using Western weapons to strike deep into Russia:
      “We know international law, and according to international law, this right does not end at the border. So that means that supporting Ukraine’s right to self-defense means that it is also possible for them to strike legitimate targets on the aggressor territory,” Rutte said.
      https://swentr.site/russia/605049-nato-rutte-ukraine-weapons/

Gaza:
      Mark Rutte: ‘What can we say to make it look like Israel is not committing war crimes?’:
      https://www.middleeasteye.net/live-blog/live-blog-update/what-can-we-say-make-it-look-israel-not-committing-war-crimes-dutch

#100888 Reply
      Clark

Jack; interesting:

“We know international law, and according to international law, this right does not end at the border. So that means that supporting Ukraine’s right to self-defense means that it is also possible for them to strike legitimate targets on the aggressor territory,”

Somehow doesn’t seem to apply to Palestinians or Palestinian refugees striking targets in Israel though, does it?

#100891 Reply
        Jack

Clark

Exactly, and there is of course no single journalist in the west that could pose that obvious, simple question to him, there is no single op-editorial in the western msm, that have ever raised this double-standard of the law.

#100893 Reply
          AG

This Rutten quote is very important.
            It is the last line of defense of this pack of genocidal liars.

Problem is that Art. 51 is limited as self-defense goes.

“(…)
            the UN Charter only gives states a delimited right of self- defense under
            Charter Article 51),
            (…)”
            (Falk/Sponeck. “Liberating the United Nations”, Stanford Press, 2024)

Now I would have to look into the legal scholarsrhip WHAT is regarded as proper military support.
            Because 100% “proxy war” is not among the intentions.

So what are the caveats possibly?

That third parties operate the long-range weapons?
            In fact provided them?
            In fact pressured the attacked nation into rejecting a peace?

And if attacking the aggressor were part of Art. 51 as Rutten claims, is attacking WMD-sites part of that?
            Or public spaces?
            Civil structures?

Nope.

Attacks are certainly only legitimate on military targets that do not outweigh the costs caused (bombong biolabs or triggering WWIII.)

But that very category is the one AFU/NATO NEVER attack.

Eventually NATO by Paris Treaty is obliged to choose a peaceful path.
            Which NATO did not.

So what remains of Rutten´s kindergarten argumentation?
            A bunch of adults playing hide and seek with suits on.

#100921 Reply
            Tatyana

I must apologize for my broken promise to write an essay this Monday.
              I should have remembered that any social media posts are promotion, so my parade with a screwdriver last week brought a wave of orders. Sorry, I was busy.
              I thought that maybe we should create a separate thread on the forum for informal communication unrelated to political topics? Because it’s really not nice to abuse the hospitality of our kind host by discussing various things here and there. This site is too valuable to litter it with inappropriate, off-topic things. I can imagine the faces of the moderator team when they see some of this!

Actually, I wanted to tell some very interesting gossip. It turned out that sometimes the fall of journalists from the windows cannot be attributed to the evil dictatorial Putin regime, but is quite a result of the struggle of opposition movements for grants from the West.
              Our media is discussing a Nevzlin, a Russian and Israeli oligarch, a close associate of Khodorkovsky (who is a well-known anti-Putin ex-oligarch living in London). Nevzlin ordered an attack on Volkov, an associate of Navalny (actually his right hand), in Vilnius Latvia. Volkov was beaten with hammers. Or they could have thrown him out of a window, right?
              Now we watch this battle of Navalnistas vs Khodor… errr… Khodorquistas?

Viewing 5 posts - 801 through 805 (of 805 total)
            Reply To: Ukraine (Date: Nov. 2023)
            Your information: